Today's Kindness #170: September 19, 2022
Respect Your Elders! 🧓👵
Today is National Respect for the Aged Day!
Senior citizens have a lifetime of experiences to reflect on. Listen & learn.
With years comes wisdom. Elderly people have some of the best stories and give great advice - ask someone to share their story. Whether it's a grandparent or someone you just met, there is a lot we can learn from those that are older than us.
10 questions you could ask to spark conversation:
- What is one of your happiest memories?
- Who has influenced you the most in your lifetime?
- What is something you have learned about living a happy life that you didn't know thirty years ago?
- Who were your friends growing up?
- Is there anything you wish you could tell the entire world?
- What world events had the biggest impact on you?
- What was your first job?
- What was school like for you when you were younger?
- What are some things you enjoy doing now?
- Who were your heroes and role models while you were growing up?
"Just as kids need to learn to respect their elders, we are a society that increasingly respects our youth."
~ Faith Salie