Kindness Advent Calendar: December 19, 2022 (Day 19)
😂Have Some Holiday Ha Ha's😂
Welcome to Day 19 of your Kindness Advent Calendar! Throughout December, we will be providing you with your daily act of kindness through our Kindness Advent Calendar! Come and celebrate the holiday season as we are kind all December long.
Start telling jokes, watching funny videos on YouTube, or whatever makes you laugh!
Laughter should be listed as a super food. We know, it's not a food, but it's got the same number of benefits as all the super foods combined! It is so good for your health. Check out this list of health benefits:
- Laughing relaxes your whole body. (well, once you're done laughing...because, we've all laughed so hard it hurts)
- Laughter relieves physical tension and stress.
- A good belly laugh can boost your immune system. It decreases your stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. What?? Amazing.
- When we laugh, we release endorphins. You know what those are, right? They are the 'feel good' chemicals our body produces when we...well.. feel good.
- Laughing improves blood flow, thus protecting yoru heart from heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- You burn calories while you're laughing. If you laugh 10-15 minutes a day, you can burn about 40 calories. That's enough to lose a few pounds over the course of a year!
- Laughing helps us live longer. Seriously, a study in Norway showed that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who didn't laugh as often. We're moving to Norway.
"The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other."
~ Johnny Carson