Today's Kindness #158: September 1, 2022
Wait A Minute Mr. Postman! 📬
When was the last time you received a handwritten note? Let's change that.
There's something about a handwritten note that just feels more meaningful than a text or email. It's personal and something that you can hang on to forever! Next time you want to share an appreciation for someone, do it the old-school way and get out your pen and paper and start writing. Way to be a world-changing wordsmith.
Every year on September 1st, World Letter Writing Day encourages people worldwide to pick up a pen, grab a piece of paper, and write a letter. It's also a day to learn about the art of letter writing.
Here are some great reasons to write a letter:
- It's a thoughtful way to communicate with those you love.
- The receiver may treasure your letter for years to come.
- People who write letters of gratitude feel happier and more satisfied with life.
- It's a great way to strengthen a friendship, marriage, or other meaningful relationship.
- It can help someone better understand your perspective or position on a certain topic.
- Your older friends and relatives will cherish this traditional form of communication.
- If you have beautiful handwriting, it's a way to show off your penmanship skills.
"Letter writing is a habit that allows us to explore new trails all our lives. Each day is a fresh new adventure when we regularly send and receive letters."
~ Alexandra Stoddard