Today's Kindness #192: October 15, 2022
🍬Be Sweet!🍬 (T-8 Days)
T-8 days until our 200th "Today's Kindness"! For today's activity, here is an AKAD Jigsaw Puzzle! Also, check out today's thank you to a great organization on our FB or IG!
For over 100 years, National Sweetest Day encourages everyone to be generous even in the smallest ways. From its inception as Candy Day in 1916, this day reminds us that even small tokens improve the lives of those around us. While the observance started with candy and sweets given to our sweethearts and friends, the day is full of lessons in persistence, resilience, and doing small things greatly.
On National Sweetest Day, take care of all those who need extra attention. Even those who need significant care, when given the smallest token, will feel the effects. A little treat, a card, a show of support during a time of need may be the sweetest gift on this day.
Give a gift to someone who needs a reminder of the sweetness in the world. It is, after all, the Sweetest Day of the Year. We also suggest these sweet ways to celebrate!
- Gather friends for a candy-making session. Make candies to give and share with others.
- Write or type up your favorite candy recipes to share with friends and family. Be sure to include a sample of the recipe for tasting!
- Surprise a co-worker with their favorite coffee.
- Invite a friend for dinner.
- Leave a card or note with kind words for a neighbor, new co-worker, or your child.
- Pack your spouse's lunch for them.
- Cheer up someone you know with a smile and a funny story.
- Share donuts. You can never go wrong with donuts.
- Use #NationalSweetestDay to post on social media.
"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...He lived happily ever after."
~ Gene Wilder as "Willy Wonka"