Today's Kindness #213: November 10, 2022
On November 10 we celebrate National Civic Pride Day and inspire everyone to promote their dynamic communities.
Civic pride belongs to the people who are at the heart of the city they live in. It brings communities together and encourages everyone to feel a sense of pride in creating and maintaining a healthy city or town. Today, we want to inspire everyone to get involved in their community and show support by improving the place they live and work.
Why is civic pride important? The importance of civic pride means every community member feels a sense of pride for where they live. The people who live in a community are the same people who help their hometowns become better places to live. Businesses, schools, public service agencies, and community members all contribute to the efforts of making their community thrive. These contribution efforts are called civic pride.
Engagement or participation in civic pride is when any member or groups of members engage in public concerns, issues, or activities. When community members work together to protect the public interests and improve the standard of living within their community, the values of civic pride are taking place. Addressing and promoting concerns and ideas increases the quality of life for every member of a community.
Participate In Civic Pride:
- Volunteer for an organization in your community.
- Attend fundraisers that raise money for community projects.
- Start a community garden to encourage community engagement.
- Participate in regular clean-up weeks to keep your city looking nice.
- Work with the local tourist agency to encourage visitors to your city.
- Provide information about ways to get involved in organizations.
- Share your story and photos of civic pride engagement and post on social media using #NationalCivicPrideDay
"Home is where the heart is and your hometown always has your heart."
P.S. Check out Pueblo East Drama Club Presents: "She Kills Monsters" this Friday at 7 and Saturday at 1! AKAD Founder Devin Klock will be in the play!