Today's Kindness #224: November 29, 2022
🙌🏼Give This Tuesday🙌🏼
Giving Tuesday encourages giving back. It takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
We've just spent the weekend shopping and searching for the best possible deals. Giving Tuesday reminds us to give to those in need. Whether we look to our favorite causes or charities, it is a great reminder to lift others during a generous time of year. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students worldwide will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and give.
Quite simply, take advantage of all the holiday deals to add to your charitable giving. Combined with your family, friends, local and national organizations, and through the power of social media, Giving Tuesday can become a tradition worth passing on.
Try these ways to give:
- Set up a collection of non-perishable food at work. Deliver the collection to a local food pantry.
- Donate gift cards to a shelter.
- Collect new toys and donate them to children spending the holidays in the hospital.
- Make blankets for those receiving cancer treatment.
- Donate to your favorite charities.
- Use #GivingTuesday on social media posts to spread awareness around Giving Tuesday
"Nothing else in all life is such a maker of joy and cheer as the privilege of doing good."
~ James Russell Miller