Today's Kindness #263: January 26, 2023
Start telling jokes, watching stupid TikToks, or whatever makes you laugh!
Laughter should be listed as a superfood. We know, it's not a food, but it's got the same number of benefits as all the super foods combined! It is SO GOOD for your health. Check out this list of health benefits:
1. Laughing relaxes your whole body. (well, once you're done laughing...because we've all laughed so hard it hurts)
2. Laughter relieves physical tension and stress.
3. A good belly laugh can boost your immune system. It decreases your stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. What?? Amazing.
4. When we laugh, we release endorphins. You know what those are, right? They are the 'feel good' chemicals our body produces when we...well.. feel good.
5. Laughing improves blood flow, thus protecting your heart from heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
6. You burn calories while you're laughing. If you laugh 10-15 minutes a day, you can burn about 40 calories. That's enough to lose a few pounds over the course of a year!
7. Laughing helps us live longer. Seriously, a study in Norway showed that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who didn't laugh as often. We're moving to Norway.
"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."
~ Khalil Gibran